Monday 5 January 2015

Veganuary Day 5

It's Monday and I'm not looking forward to my first full week back at work since Christmas. I started the day with a bowl of 'Shredded Wheat' bitesize and a cup of tea. When I went shopping yesterday I picked up a pot of houmous which I haven't had in a while and thought it would make a nice change to my lunch. I chopped up some carrot sticks and added some celery. The packet of dried apple crisps replaced ordinary crisps which I don't normally like eating a lot of, surprisingly on the back of the packet under allergens it says 'may contain milk' but I wasn't too bothered with that as I think they just add it as a precaution. I have noticed this on a lot of vegan products.
I got home after 7pm so I wanted to prepare something quick and easy so salad was a no brainer. I used mixed salad leaves and some Olive tofu chopped into cubes with a sprinkle of mixed seeds and a drizzle of olive oil. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I hope I'm not boring you too much with these posts, I don't want to start sounding too samey. Please feel free to comment about any of the products I have used and I also welcome any recommendations.



No comments:

Post a Comment