Saturday 20 September 2014

A Visit to Ms. Cupcake

I have nothing but good things to say about my visit to Ms. Cupcake, London's first entirely vegan bakery. This gem of a place is located on Coldharbour lane in Brixton, just a five minute walk from Brixton underground station. I took my 15 year old niece along with me to sample some of their top quality wares. On entering the shop we were greeted by a friendly staff team which immediately made us feel at ease. The first thing I noticed were a range of vegan sweet products in front of the food preparation area which I quickly got excited about, especially when I saw the packets of marshmallows. I haven't been able to eat marshmallows since becoming veggie so I knew I had to snap some of these up along with a couple of other items that caught my eye.

When we moved towards the cupcake display counter I knew that deciding on just one cupcake would be an impossible task but I managed it. There were so many amazing looking cupcake's with different coloured icing. It was like looking at a work of art.

I chose the 'apple custard crumble' while my niece opted for the 'red velvet' cupcake and we couldn't have been more pleased with our choices. We also couldn't resist ordering two milkshakes; one chocolate and one Oreo which were bought out to our table when they were ready. My milkshake was very chocolaty, just the way I like it. Unfortunately there was no seating inside the shop due to it's small capacity but luckily it was warm enough to pull up a chair outside.



We must have been there for about an hour having a good old chin wag and watching the world go by before reluctantly leaving. Being my first vegan cupcake experience I was pleasantly surprised at how similar tasting these cupcakes were compared to ones that contain dairy products. I would say that there was no difference in taste what soever, therefore I would happily recommend Ms. Cupcake to those who aren't vegetarian or vegan. I will definitely be back at some point to try out their savoury treats and cookies. Check out the website to find out what else they have to offer.





No comments:

Post a Comment