Friday 10 October 2014

Vegan Product of the Week: Vego Chocolate

This item was one of my Vegfest star buys and it could well be one of the best vegan chocolate bars on the market right now. Whilst munching on a sample at their stand I couldn't believe it was actually vegan but considering we were at a vegan event I had to believe it. 'Vego' comes in a whopping 150g bar and is organic, fair trade and gluten free.
Vego contains a generous helping of whole hazelnuts and when combined with the melt in your mouth creamy chocolate it tastes divine. This product seemed to be very popular even with the subscription boxes and I'm not surprised. I'm not sure how many people would be put off by the statement on the back of the bar that reads 'may contain traces of dairy products,' but I assume that is just a precaution as I'm sure they wouldn't be able to label the product as vegan otherwise.

Unfortunately the WEBSITE isn't clear about whether you can purchase them on-line or not but their FACEBOOK page states that you can buy them "everywhere in the UK" examples include WHOLEFOODS (Fresh & Wild), health food store and Planet Organic, so I will be having a look when I next visit. It really must be tried to be believed. Well done Vego... I take my hat off to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment