Friday 24 October 2014

Vegan Product of the Week: Whole Earth Smooth Organic Peanut Butter

Before I started doing some research I had no idea about the range of products on the market suitable for a vegan diet. I didn't think it would be possible to substitute my favourite foods but I was surprised to find out that I can literally buy or make every product or dish that I have previously enjoyed following a vegetarian diet. To make a change from the usual cereal I eat during the week I like to indulge myself at the weekend with toast and spreads. As I searched the isle with the jarred products in Tesco I managed to find a few different spreads suitable for vegans.

I limited my choice to two spreads, one of them being this delicious organic peanut butter by 'Whole Earth.' It tastes and looks no different to regular peanut butter but it contains natural ingredients suitable for vegetarians and vegans. The fact that it's free from any animal derived products makes it even more tastier and guilt free. It contains roasted peanuts (96%), sustainable palm oil (100% RSPO certified) and sea salt and contains naturally occurring sugars. Both the jar and the lid are fully recyclable for those of us that like to do our bit for the environment. All products in the peanut butter range are vegan but others (including the chocolate spreads) may not be so always check the label. I will continue to use this product and I highly recommend it to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment