Friday 7 November 2014

Vegan Product of the Week: Choc Shot Liquid Chocolate by Sweet Freedom

Choc Shot is a multi-purpose chocolate sauce that is low in calories and completely dairy free. It can be drizzled over ice cream, porridge, fruit and spread on toast and squeezed into milk shake. Personally I don't think I would put it on fruit or on toast for that matter as I can imagine that it would be very sweet.

The main reason I bought it was to make hot chocolate as I was fed up with having to mix powder into a paste before adding more milk but still often left with floaty unmixed powdery lumps. You don't get that with Choc Shot but I do like my hot chocolate chocolaty and the 3-4 recommended teaspoons they tell you to use wasn't enough for me so I'll be adding more next time (but sshhh... don't tell anyone).

This sauce has that bitter-sweet after taste that dark chocolate normally has if you like that sort of thing. I'm not usually a fan of dark chocolate but I like this in hot chocolate and I think it's amazing on ice cream.
Choc Shot is 100% natural, GM and Gluten free, low GL (glycaemic load), diabetic friendly (as part of a healthy diet), vegan and contains NO artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives. It can be purchased in Tesco at the price of £3.50 which I found a little pricey but I'm all about the impulse buying... I'm terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment